Saturday, March 1, 2008


A Christian Manifesto, by Francis A. Schaeffer

Will the past trend toward a more secular world result in more freedom or less for the human race? Can people truly be free and remain free from government interference in their lives without the anchor provided by a belief in God? In a secular world where there is no creator, what is the value of human life if it is merely the result of chance random events? A Christian Manifesto should be read by everyone who values liberty and their freedom to worship.
..
My good friend Jeremy Hopkins, an exceptional property rights advocate, classical liberal, and lawyer, told me about this book several years ago. There is no one I would rather have on my side than Jeremy if I were ever put in the position of having to fight city hall. He speaks 'truth to power' like no one I've ever seen. Very few people have influenced my thinking more than Jeremy. For me, he epitomizes the meaning of Proverbs 27:17 - 'As iron shapens iron, so one man sharpens another'.

No comments: