Wednesday, April 23, 2008

They Like Jesus, But Not The Church, by Dan Kimball

I'm about 120 pages into the book, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it. Very insightful book on how the emerging generation of young people view church and Christians. The book too often hits the nail right on the head (regarding why we fail to reach most young people today) which can be painful to hear. Just as frequently, however, the book is funny and a joy to read.

Bono: "Christians are hard to tolerate; I don't know how Jesus does it."

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Amen. If you'll follow my URL, you'll find that I, too, have trouble and mega discomfort withe church. Nevertheless...

Thinkest whot of my jolly blog?
Benevolent?
Bombastic?
Belligerent?
Bewildering?
Banquet?
Bawlsy?
Avant-garde??
tok2me

God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, SNL